Click 'here' to send us an email or order prints
We use DISQUS for comments. Feel free to add comments to posts, there is no need to register or login

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Thursday

Nice Chevron, Brett - I like the way you render your reds - the lighting looks very realistic.

I'm a fan of the Chance Vought Corsair F4U, probably because my father served in the RNZAF 30SU Servicing Unit (Corsairs), serving on Espirito Santo, Guadalcanal, Bouganville, Green (Nissan) Island & Jacquinot Bay. There were 237 F4U-1s and 127 F4U-1Ds used by the RNZAF during the Second World War. I'm also rather impressed by the noise of its 2,000 hp 18-cylinder Pratt & Whitney R-2800 Double Wasp radial engine - just magnificent.

Brett & I ordered a 1/18th scale model of an F4U each recently - they can't be far away Brett. I will then have two 1/18th scale Corsairs (the first is here), whilst Brett's will join his 1/18th scale Mustang P51D. This is my rendering of the Corsair:


One of my photographs of RNZAF's only surviving Corsair is used on the 'State Symbols of USA' website (here).


I attempted to photograph the final versions of RM30 & the Phantom & the beginnings of the Falcon commission tonight but the flash wouldn't behave itself so I'll do it properly on Saturday.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah was wondering about the big corsair, hope it gets here soon!!!

    ReplyDelete