Click 'here' to send us an email or order prints
We use DISQUS for comments. Feel free to add comments to posts, there is no need to register or login

Sunday, March 22, 2015

Lifes a Beach

Well... thats that!... what a saga..
as I've posted before, although the painting was complete I had to repaint it to more accurately copy the slightly rotated photo of the commissioner. and then tweak the left hand to be under the right arm! Then scan the painting (A3 size) and use photoshop to insert the black and white photo. Then get the scan printed BUT.. the printer noticed scan lines in the printed output and suspected his fuzer unit. I then waited a week until this was fixed and in fact he has reserved a fuzer especially for my art prints now and because its a 10min job to replace it in his large professional machine he has asked that I only do prints on Fridays! So I waited until friday and we went to redo the prints BUT the lines were suddenly obvious on the scan.. which meant my scan had put them there.. aargh. So we redid the scan (I drove home and got the painting and brought it back all around 5pm on Friday) and then had to redo the insertion of the black and white photo overnight so he could use the new reserved fuzer unit when he first opened for business saturday! .. I told you it was a saga!  Unfortunately I had a social card evening that friday night (8 - 12) so had to do the photo shopping first thing in the morning to get the scan to him by 10am..
But I managed it and it looks good.. well as good as it can be given the resolution of the black and white pic.


Then I had to pack the stuff up to send it away.. Managed to convert two old boxes into one long enough for the painting and used some polystyrene blocks to locate the painting into the box without touching the sides (after wrapping it and adding cardboard corners) then added the plastic wrapped prints (which proved too wide so I trimmed them to fit) and THEN burned a CD of the scans and photos shopped image (twice, as it failed first time) and THEN wrapped the whole thing in wrapping paper... 2 hours later!!  ready to mail.

Whew!! mops brow!! was it worth it? If he's happy then, for sure Im happy but I AM glad thats completed.. Unfortunately the next project is another commission.. The Boat! More on that next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment